This drink uses a blend of pineapple and citrus juices, along with white rum, as a base. It’s sweet and tangy and you’re not going to taste much of that rum under all the juice.
Hawaiian Mai Tai Coctail Recipe
- 1½ cups pineapple juice, cold
- ½ cup rum
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup orange liqueur (i.e., Grand Marnier)
- 1-2 TB agave nectar, depending on how sweet you prefer it
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda, for use right before serving
- crushed ice for serving
In a pitcher, combine the pineapple juice, rum, lime juice, orange liqueur, agave nectar, and almond extract. Stir everything vigorously and then put the mixture in fridge to chill until ready to serve. When you serve fill glasses with ice, pour lemon-lime soda and garnish with a fresh pineapple or orange. Pierce a maraschino cherry on to the toothpick. Insert a long straw, and drink!