Create your own version and have fun playing around with it.
Homemade Hummus Recipe
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 3 tsp tahini paste
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup water, or more if needed
- some topping ideas: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes, toasted pine nuts, chopped roasted red peppers, sesame seeds
Add first six ingredients (chickpeas thru salt/pepper) to a food processor, and blend until smooth. Add in the water and continue blending until the hummus reaches your desired consistency, adding additional water if needed.
Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
You can also use just about anything you can think of for dippers. Something like pita bread, pita crackers, sliced baguette or tortilla chips.